Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wonderful


I consider myself a very fortunate person because I have a lot of amazing friends. Many of them have been featured throughout this blog and as it comes to an end (and naturally I become all sentimental) I once again realize how much God has blessed me over the past year.

When I was asked to go back to FUI (Fresno Urban Internship) I was very taken aback, the whole thing had come by surprise. I had already faced a lot of rejection of other internships and positions I had wanted so to be basically handed this was weird. I had never planned to return to Fresno - I even told everyone I went on the project with that I would only go once, that was all God wanted of me. But exactly one year ago - at Urbana I felt God call me to go back to Fresno. So many things happened while I was there that I never would have predicted but what I was most blessed with was a new and important friendship in my life.

I never expected to be such good friends with Sol past FUI. Not at first. Only when we realized how similar we were and how we faced very similar things in life, did we bond like atoms. Her friendship help get me through the hardships I faced during the summer. She sat and listened as I verbally vomited all over her but also wouldn't let me settle in it.

So today I celebrate her birthday and the awesomeness that she is while also remembering how far God has brought me in a single year.

No comments:

Post a Comment